Bethany Presbyterian Church, Mendenhall, PA
Bethany Presbyterian Church in Mendenhall, PA in Donegal Presbytery, is looking for a Covenant pastor. We are seeking a candidate to work a minimum of 30 hours per week with the opportunity to grow to full time (45 hours per week) as determined by the needs of the Church
The position will begin on or about January 1, 2022.
These are the following job responsibilities:
- Lead Sunday Worship including a children’s message, and other special/seasonal services.
- Administer the sacraments of Communion and Baptism.
- Provide calls as well as visitations (following Covid guidelines) to shut-ins and administer Communion.
- Provide visitation (following Covid guidelines) and phone calls to church family in their homes, hospital, nursing homes [as time allows].
- Make emergency hospital and other critical care visitations (following Covid guidelines)
- Moderate meetings of session, congregation, and deacons.
- Support and encourage the work of all Session committees.
- Officiate the Weddings and Funerals of church families.
- Oversee the process to ordain and install Ruling Elders and Deacons. Conduct new member and ongoing officer training classes.
- Participate in the congregation’s outreach to the community
- Attend Presbytery
The preference is for an ordained Presbyterian (PCUSA) Teaching Elder, or a minister from a Formula of Agreement congregation.
Compensation will be negotiated based on the position status and the pastor’s experience.
Part of the compensation may be designated as housing allowance. Benefits, including participation in the (PCUSA) Board of Pensions are negotiable depending upon the situation. Mileage reimbursement is included at the standard IRS rate. The contract will be negotiated with the Session, in consultation with the Donegal presbytery’s Connecting our Ministries Commission and negotiated annually.
PIFs and resumes should be sent to the Rev. Dr. Erin S. Cox-Holmes, Executive Presbyter, at .
Please feel free to contact Executive Presbyter Erin or Stated Clerk Michael Wilson with any questions about the position. The Pastor Search Team will be in touch with applicants with whom they wish to arrange interviews. The position will be open until it is filled. Those who are interested are encouraged to apply immediately, as the search will be immediately active.