Bethany Presbyterian Church, Mendenhall, PA
Bethany Presbyterian Church in Mendenhall, PA is looking for a part-time (20-25 hours per week) Covenant pastor. Bethany’s mission is to share God’s love through music, missions, and fellowship; our ministry vision is centered in nurturing spiritual growth in ourselves, our community, and in the world in which we live and serve.
The preference is for an ordained Presbyterian (PCUSA) Teaching Elder, or a minister from a Formula of Agreement congregation. The successful candidate will fulfill the following job responsibilities:
- Lead Sunday Worship including a children’s message, and other special/seasonal services.
- Administer the sacraments of Communion and Baptism.
- Provide calls as well as visits to shut-ins and those experiencing a health crisis.
- Moderate meetings of session, congregation, and deacons.
- Support and encourage the work of all Session committees.
- Officiate the Weddings and Funerals of church families.
- Oversee the process to ordain and install Ruling Elders and Deacons.
- Conduct new member and ongoing officer training classes.
- Participate in the congregation’s outreach to the community.
- Attend Presbytery.
Compensation will be negotiated with the Session in consultation with the Donegal Presbytery’s Connecting our Ministries Commission. Benefits, including participation in the (PCUSA) Board of Pensions are negotiable depending upon the situation.
PIFs and resumes should be sent to the Rev. Dr. Erin S. Cox-Holmes, Executive Presbyter, at The Pastor Search Team will be in touch with applicants with whom they wish to arrange interviews.