Latta Memorial Presbyterian Church, Christiana, PA
The Latta Memorial Presbyterian Church of Christiana, Pennsylvania, is looking for a Pastor to serve 1/3 time (15 hours per week) with the following responsibilities and challenges:
Job responsibilities will be as follows:
- Prepare for preaching the Word through study, prayer, and personal devotion.
- Lead the Worship Service by preaching Christ-centered and Bible-based sermons relatable to all generations of our church family
- Officiate Marriages, Baptisms, Funerals, and Celebration of the Lord's Supper
- Visit church members in their homes, hospitals, and nursing homes
- Attend and engage in church and community events
- Work with the Session, including Moderating the Session and Congregational Meetings
- Attend Presbytery Gatherings
- As a representative of Latta Memorial Presbyterian Church, Pastor will follow policies established by Donegal Presbytery regarding social and public media
- Pastor will have an obligation to be sensitive to the diverse political views of the congregation of Latta Memorial Presbyterian Church
Challenges: Growth in church attendance and membership retention
Compensation: Will include pro-rated salary and housing allowance. Benefits are negotiable upon need, and mileage reimbursement is included at the standard IRS mileage rate. The contract will be negotiated with the Session, in consultation with the Presbytery's Connecting Our Ministry Commission. The length of the contract will be negotiated with a 60-day termination notification on either side.
How to Apply: Please feel free to contact Elder L. Kathleen Geesey at with any questions concerning the position and email PIF/resume and a Statement of Faith.
A brief description of our congregation's experiences, gifts, and programs:
Latta Memorial Presbyterian Church, located in the quaint Borough of Christiana, Pennsylvania, has been a beacon of light in the community for 146 years. We are a welcoming and caring church family of believers. Our small church has a big heart and a passion for Missions and Outreach.
Our purpose is to encourage others to believe in Christ as our Savior, to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ in daily living, and to relate His truth to the problems of our day. We encourage one another. We pray for one another. We seek to serve just as Christ did when he walked this earth. We volunteer in our church and our community. We welcome new ideas and opportunities.
We recognize that people seek Jesus in various places, not always inside our church doors. Our members designed and built the Latta Memorial Prayer Garden adjacent to the church building. This beautiful garden, filled with flowers, plants, and trees, complete with walking paths and benches, is our gift to the community. We desire that anyone who is in need of a place to rest can meet with Jesus in the garden. We also use the garden for occasional Sunday Worship services, music programs, outreach ministries, and weddings.
Other programs at Latta Memorial Presbyterian Church include Christian Education, Choir, Knitting and Prayer Shawl Ministry, Parish Nurse Program, Healthy Weight Program, and "Over 60's" Senior Fellowship." Our members donate to the local Food Pantry each time we celebrate the Lord's Supper. The local Girl Scout Troop holds its meetings in our Fellowship Hall. We enjoy hosting "Pizza and Movie Nights" and Community Thanksgiving Eve Services, etc. We have fun!