Trinity Presbyterian Church, Berwyn, PA
Up to 15 hours per week
Location: 640 Berwyn Ave, Berwyn, PA 19312. Send all inquiries to
Trinity Presbyterian Church is seeking an individual who, first and foremost, loves God and
other people. For us, this means that an individual will be comfortable encouraging discipleship
with youth and their families. We are seeking someone who works well on a team and who is
interested in learning and growing through teaching the faith to others.
The Director for Children, Youth, and Families is accountable to the church through the Session
with the help of the Christian Education Committee. This position will work under our Pastor
through regular supervision and collaboration, but it is important that the individual has the
ability to work as a team player with our staff, leadership and volunteers
- Direct the Christian education programs for the youth of the church by
- planning our Sunday School curriculum (currently Godly Play),
- recruiting volunteer teachers,
- leading our summer Vacation Bible School Program in July
- managing a regular cycle of youth activities including middle school youth group, youth retreats and/or service projects, intergenerational mission activities
- Assist with Sunday Morning ministries including but not limited to Sunday School and active participation in worship leadership.
- Minister to the families of our youth by developing connections through check-ins, prayer and Christian discipleship.
- Communicate program activities and opportunities through our weekly email Trinity Connections, social media, targeted emails Trinity Families, website, etc.
- Recruit and develop a team of youth and adults for above-directed programs and help integrate youth into the life of the church.
- Facilitate quarterly Christian Education meetings.
- In collaboration with the Pastor and CE Committee, maintain Youth Ministry budgets
- A commitment to Christ and a calling to Christian Education
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in education or biblical studies
- Support the mission of the church and theology of the PC(USA)
- Ability to pray for, encourage, support, and train youth and their families
- Ability to keep confidentialities when appropriate
- Strong leadership, communication, and administrative skills
- Ability to use technology for communication, records and publicity
Compensation: This is a part-time, non-ordained, salaried position with a negotiable compensation.