Presbyterian Church of Burlington, NJ
The Presbyterian Church of Burlington is a small congregation that faithfully serves those in our community through our ministries: Acts of Compassion, Daily Bread Food Pantry, Community Garden, Weekly balance classes for Seniors, VBS, supporting Youth Group, Boy Scout Troop 764 and Sisters of Sobriety. We are a family committed to loving and serving God.
We are looking for a part time pastor to focus primarily on preaching, sacraments and the well-being of the congregation. A pastor who can guide us in our spiritual growth and lead us as a church unit, while our Session handles the inner workings and daily business of the church.
The part time pastor will fulfill the following specific responsibilities:
- Oversee the weekly worship experience, focusing principally on sermon
- Administer communion once a
- Additional services are required during Lent and Advent
- Moderate all Session and Congregational
- Be available in the office one day per
- Provide pastoral care for the congregation, including visits to shut-ins at home, in the hospital or in extended care facility.
- Attend fellowship
- Officiate at funeral services and weddings as needed, at additional
- Maintain good working relations with
- Be supportive of Session, Deacons, UPW, Youth Group and other
- Remain accountable to the Session and the Presbytery through the COM. In support of our pastor, it is the promise of the congregation, leadership and staff to
- Pray for and support the pastor in his/her ministry
- Actively work to grow the congregation and participate in activities
- Participate in the leadership and administration of the church
- Actively engage in implementing new ideas and programs
- Support one another in our faith journey and in our roles in the church
The position will initially be for one year, serving approximately 22 hours per week, with a 30- day release clause and can be extended by mutual agreement.
Salary of $27,164.00 Manse available if needed Pension/Medical in accordance With Presbytery guidelines Continuing Education $750.00. Auto reimbursement $3,000.00 Vacation: 1 month (4 or 5 Sundays)
Interested candidates are asked to send their resume and references to: