Honey Brook Presbyterian Church, Honey Brook, PA
The Honey Brook Presbyterian Church in Honey Brook, PA, in Donegal Presbytery, is looking for a full or part-time transitional pastor. The position will begin as soon as possible after May 15, 2022.
These are the following job responsibilities:
- Lead the Session and congregation in a time of transition
- Moderate meetings of the Session and congregation
- Lead Sunday worship and other special/seasonal services
- Administer the sacraments of Baptism, the Lord's Supper, Weddings, and Funerals of church families
- Oversee the process to train, ordain and install Ruling Elders and Deacons
- Provide pastoral care and visitation as needed
- Attend Presbytery gatherings
- Conduct new member classes when needed
- Work with committees as negotiated in the time frame
- Participate in engagement in the community
- Participate in discovering the vision and direction of the congregation for the future
The successful applicant will ideally be an ordained Presbyterian PC(USA) Teaching Elder or from a Formula of Agreement congregation. Compensation will be negotiated from Presbytery minimum, with a housing allowance available. Benefits are negotiable depending upon the situation, and mileage reimbursement is included at the standard IRS rate. The contract will be negotiated with the Session in consultation with the Donegal Presbytery's Connecting our Ministries Commission.
PIFs and resumes should be sent to the Executive Presbyter, the Rev. Dr. Erin S. Cox-Holmes, at . Please feel free to contact her with any questions about the position. The Transitional Pastor Search Committee will be in touch with applicants with whom they wish to arrange interviews. The position will be open until it is filled. Those who are interested are encouraged to apply immediately, as the search will be immediately active.