Info About Opportunity
The Congregation of the Penningtonville Presbyterian Church does hereby grant the Part-Time Office Coordinator Contract for the period January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
The Pastor (Head of Staff) and to the Session through the Personnel Committee
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Part-Time Office Coordinator’s primary duties are to be a support person to the pastor, to publish the bulletins and church calendar and to process correspondence, as well as specific financial duties. He/she is also to give support to committees and organizations of the church as time permits.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A pleasing personality, able to greet persons and helpfully process needs.
- Accuracy in written and oral communication skills.
- PC literate with knowledge of the most current Microsoft Office and Quickbooks.
- Knowledge of Copier and Printer functionality required.
- Office skills such as filing and the ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Possess an understanding of the need for confidentiality regarding anything that transpires in the church office.
- Assist Financial Coordinator with admin functions associated but not limited to payroll, taxes, general fund entries, Quickbooks management, preparing regular reports
- Send out a weekly e-newsletter with links to livestream & bulletin and upcoming meeting dates and events for the week.
- Preparation of all worship bulletins and inserts including typing, copying and collating. Also, prepare large print bulletins and children’s bulletins.
- Mail bulletins to shut-ins.
- Maintain and update the church calendar. Prepare and copy the monthly church calendar and “Penningtonville News”. Make paper copies available as well as sending out via e-mail.
- Type correspondence as needed for Pastor, Clerk of Session, Moderator of Deacons or President of Trustees.
- Record Session Minutes in the Session Minutes Book with the guidance of the Clerk of Session and Pastor and according to the standards of Presbytery.
- Order office supplies to maintain adequate materials used routinely. Place orders for other groups within the church (i.e. Sexton, Ministry Team or VBS) when requested. Order offering envelopes.
- Send a weekly email reminder to each participant in the coming Sunday worship service (Children’s Message, Prayer for Illumination, Sunday School Usher, Nursery Care Givers, Projector & Sound System Technician), Put copies of the bulletin in the sanctuary for the pianist, choir directors and choir. Put a copy of the slides for worship on the sound system for the tech person.
- Coordinate the gathering of bulletin information from guest preachers with help from the Worship Ministry Team chairperson.
- Coordinate park use and building use with outside groups.
- Update the official Church Registry with changes to Elders, Deacons and Trustees as well as new members, deaths and transfers.
- Maintain bulletin boards in the church and the Christian Ed Building.
- Create a monthly schedule for those serving (lay leaders, ushers etc.).
- Send out letters to those who have signed up to place chancel flowers each week and coordinate with Deacon responsible for flowers.
- Forward prayer requests to the Pastor.
- Cemetery- handle calls that come in regarding questions. Refer sales and burials to cemetery caretaker.
- Check email, voicemail and regular mail on a daily basis. Transmit information to appropriate people.
- Pick up incoming mail at the post office, sort and channel to appropriate people.
- Help Pastor prepare and copy the Annual Reports for the Congregational Meeting.
- Prepare Baptism and Marriage Certificates, New Member Certificates and Ordination Certificates.
- Collect and organize financial reports, agenda and minutes to compile for monthly Sessions reports and distribute to Session members before the monthly meeting.
- Troubleshoot computer, printer, copier, internet and email issues as they arise
This is a part-time time hourly position compensated at the rate of $16/hour. Estimated hours based on job responsibilities are approximately 15 hours per week. Position includes 30 hours (2 weeks) paid vacation.
Vacation time is provided for the calendar year, not accrued. If vacation time is not used in the calendar year it will not be carried over to the following year and will not be paid.
Either party has the right to terminate this contract at will. It must be done in writing with 30-day notice. Compensation will continue for the time worked up until termination date. Vacation time cannot be taken in the last 30 days of employment.