Info About Opportunity
Office Administrator - Oxford Presbyterian Church (OPC)
The Office Administrator at Oxford Presbyterian Church is the first point of contact many have when contacting our church. Additionally, they are a key coordinator of mission for our congregation, whose work enables our pastor, other staff, and congregational leadership to effectively engage in ministry.
The right candidate should be a mature Christian with office administration experience, who feels called to assist in advancing the ministry of a congregation. The candidate should be energized by a dynamic and evolving office context and should be proactive in forecasting best practices for the organization and its administration.
HOURS: Monday – Friday, 35-40 hours per week
- College graduate or equivalent work-related experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Competency in Microsoft and Google productivity suites, and familiarity with email management platforms such as Constant Contact.
- Experience with electronic file storage and cloud-based systems such as One Drive, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Familiarity with website and social media management
- Experience with QuickBooks, Payroll, Accounting, or Human Resource
- Fluency in Spanish
The Office Administrator reports directly to the Pastor, while working in partnership with other staff and ministry leaders of the Oxford Presbyterian Church congregation.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Public Relations: Serving as people’s first point of contact in the OPC office by engaging in-person, phone, and email inquiries, while managing a referral process for matters best addressed by other agencies of the congregation or community.
- Church Operations: Overseeing the operations of the church office, including purchasing, interfacing with vendors and contractors, data and document management and retention, processing of mail and other correspondence, preparation of an annual office budget proposal, and organization of the office and reception areas.
- Pastoral and Leadership Support: Providing administrative support to the pastor, program staff, and key ministry leaders as requested. Attending staff and other meetings as necessary, providing up-to-date information regarding congregational care and other concerns. Navigating OPC’s database systems to run reports and file documents as requested using QuickBooks, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Campus and Facility Coordination: Coordinating campus usage by congregational and community groups, ensuring compliance to relevant protocols. Maintaining and disseminating facility use and program calendar.
- Communications: Assisting with the production of a weekly digital news update and communicating prayer requests and program information on an ad hoc basis. Organizing and maintaining church calendar and distributing communications as necessary from pastor and other key ministry leaders as directed. Maintaining church prayer lists and other appropriate distribution lists to streamline communications.
Key Virtues of the Successful Candidate Include:
- Professionalism and Confidentiality
- Self-starting and Solution-orientation
- Creativity and Curiosity
- Flexibility and Imagination
- Administration and Organization
Compensation: Salary and benefits, commensurate with experience.
Interested parties should email a cover letter and resume to