Info About Opportunity
The Session of the Leacock Presbyterian Church in Paradise, PA in Donegal Presbytery, is seeking an interim/ transitional pastor with the following job responsibilities:
- Lead the Session and congregation in a time of transition, helping to facilitate a process for new vision and direction for the congregation.
- Lead weekly worship services and other special services.
- Administer the Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper and the ordination and installation of Ruling Elders and Deacons.
- Officiate and extend counseling services for weddings and funerals.
- Moderate Session meetings and work with committees and committee chairpersons as appropriate.
- Provide pastoral care and visitation as needed in homes, hospitals, and nursing homes.
- Engage in a teaching ministry that will enhance the spiritual growth of the congregation through active Christian Education.
- Attend Presbytery gatherings.
- Conduct new member classes and officer training classes when needed.
The position will begin during January 2022, with the exact date to be determined. The position will likely be for a period of 12 to 18 months while a pastor nominating committee is selected and works to find the next pastor. Preference will be given for an applicant with Interim training, but the church may consider an applicant who is willing to receive this training. Preference also will be given for an applicant who does not intend to apply for the Permanent Pastor position but applying for the position is not ruled out.
Compensation will be negotiated from the full-time Presbytery minimum for 2022, with either the manse or a housing allowance available. The contract will be negotiated with the Session in consultation with the Donegal Presbytery Connecting Our Ministry Commission. The employment agreement will include a 60-day termination notification on either side.
PIFs and resumes should be sent to Clerk of Session Dianne Yuninger Email:
or LPC, 3183 Lincoln Highway East, Paradise, PA, 17562, and to Executive Presbyter, the Rev. Dr. Erin Cox-Holmes Email:
or the Presbytery of Donegal, P.O. Box 10054, Lancaster, PA, 17605. Electronic submissions are preferred.