Info About Opportunity
The Director is in charge of overseeing the operation of the entire preschool, including hiring and supervising staff, guiding the curriculum, managing finances and complying with state childcare regulations. The Director will also lead the school as a ministry of First Presbyterian Church of West Chester, creating a safe, healthy, and loving environment that reflects Christian values and beliefs.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the school, including setting the school calendar.
- Maintain and implement policies and procedures, especially as they relate to health and safety.
- Manage enrollment and build positive relationships with students and their families.
- Supervise curriculum.
- Oversee communications to school families, to the community and within the church.
- Plan special events during the school year for families.
- Lead the school as a ministry of the church through active participation and collaboration with the church staff.
- Recruit and hire qualified staff to work in a supportive, Christian early childhood environment.
- Set performance standards and provide regular feedback.
- Encourage healthy, positive employee relations.
- Foster staff growth and development by coordinating regular in-service days or other professional development opportunities.
- Support teachers in the classroom and when communicating with school families as needed.
- Prepare and operate within an annual budget.
- Work with church staff to manage tuition, purchases and payroll.
- Supervise scholarships.
The Preschool Director works directly with the church and school staff, the Bucket School Ministry Team, students, and their families.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in early childhood education required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• Teaching experience required, management experience in a preschool setting preferred.
• Team builder and team player.
• Experience operating and managing office equipment and software (Familiarity with ShelbyNEXT preferred).
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.