Info About Opportunity
Calvary Presbyterian Church seeks a transitional pastor who will maintain the full functioning of the church and use their transition-specialist skills to understand the congregation’s history and assess the congregation's current and future needs. They will help prepare the congregation for new pastoral leadership.
- Plan and lead worship services, including administering the sacraments of baptism and communion, in concert with the Worship and Music Committee
- Provide an inspiring preaching and teaching ministry
- Provide guidance, support, and oversight of the transition process
- Lead and supervise the Church staff in collaboration with the personnel committee.
- Moderate Session meetings
- Motivate and be available as a resource person to the lay leaders of the church
- Provide pastoral services such as home/hospital visits, communion to shut-ins, pastoral presence for those in crisis situations, visiting church members, counseling as needed
- Officiate at weddings and funerals
- Teach confirmation class and assist with youth group as needed, in coordination with the Christian Education Committee and the Christian Education Coordinator
- Teach new members classes as needed
- Attend and support church functions
- Assist the congregation in resolving conflicts if needed
- Represent the church at the Presbytery level
- Perform other duties as outlined in The Book of Order or as dictated by Presbytery
- Experience as a Transitional Pastor
- Completion of Transitional Ministry training (Unit 1)
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess highly refined skills in working with people, and be willing and able to have an open dialogue while showing respect and sensitivity to the individuals and topic
- Ability to use basic word processing and communication software tools to facilitate communication
The Transitional Pastor is accountable to the Session and the Philadelphia Presbytery.
Please contact Donna Benner at
or 215-884-5119 for more information.