Info About Opportunity
1. Plans, coordinates and reports the church music program to the Pastor, Worship Team, and the Session. Provides a year-end written report for the Annual Congregational Meeting.
2. Communicates any problems, needs, or requests to the Pastor.
3. Attends all Worship Team meetings, keeping them well informed on all activities.
4. Communicates information concerning the anthems, introit, and responses to the church office by Wednesday morning of every week for inclusion in the church bulletin. Selection of this music will be accomplished in keeping with the sermon topics provided by the pastor.
5. Arranges for summer vacation music and other special music in cooperation with the Pastor.
6. Assures that the choir gowns are clean, repaired or replaced; other church properties in the Music Department are being maintained.
7. Selects and purchases music using an awareness of our Presbyterian Church Calendar and in consultation with the Pastor.
8. Catalogues and files all church music in the Donegal Church Music Library.
9. Provides the Worship Team with a budget for the Music Department in the fall of each year, including new music, special soloists, and other related needs. The Director of Music will be responsible for staying within the established budget.
10. Regularly encourages persons to join the music program.
11. Trains the choir for vocal technique and blend during regular rehearsals. Rehearsals shall be held on a regular schedule at a time and duration as set by the Director of Music within the approval of the Session.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Pastor.
13. Develops appropriate music programs for children and youth choirs.
1. Will be July & August with pay. (12 month pay period).
1. Dedication to Jesus Christ and to the leadership of the congregation in the glorification of God through music.
2. A degree in music is preferable, though not required; a minimum of two years of choral directing is desired.
3. Ability to work well with people.
4. Familiarity with classical and contemporary music.