Info About Opportunity
The Westminster Presbyterian Church in York, PA, in Donegal Presbytery, is looking for a half time pastor. The position will available beginning in early 2019.
- Lead Sunday Worship, including adult Sunday School and other special/seasonal services. Administer the sacraments of communion and baptism.
- Provide monthly visitations to shut-ins and administer communion.
- Provide visitation to church family in their homes, hospital and nursing homes as time is available. Make emergency hospital and other critical care visitations.
- Moderate meetings of session, congregation and deacons.
- Oversee the process to ordain and install Ruling Elders and Deacons. Conduct new member and officer training classes when needed.
- Work with committees as negotiated in half time, time frame
- Participate in J's Club (Christian youth ministry program) and annual vacation bible school. Participate in church choir a plus.
- Attend Presbytery meetings.
Compensation will be negotiated from presbytery minimums.
How to Apply
Personal Information Forms (PIFs) should be sent to the Executive Presbyter, the Rev. Dr. Erin S. Cox-Holmes at
Please feel free to contact her with any questions about the position. The position will be open until it is filled. Those who are interested are encouraged to apply immediately, as the search will be immediately active.