Info About Opportunity
CHESTNUT LEVEL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
“Planted in Christ, Growing in Grace, Feeding the World”
Title: Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Purpose: This position provides spiritual leadership, planning and coordination of activities and events for the Youth and Young Adult Ministry of Chestnut Level Presbyterian Church in conjunction with the Youth Ministry Team. It requires effective communication with youth, parents, youth advisors and church staff. It also calls for building strong, ongoing relationships with youth, parents, and volunteers by displaying strong faith, being openly missional, being a team player, and encouraging feedback.
Accountability: To the Session through the Pastor as Head of Staff.
Education: Some college education preferred with experience in working with youth ages 11 and up.
Time Requirement: This is a full time, salaried position requiring 40 hours per week.
In cooperation with the Youth Ministry Team:
- Lead the Youth of CLPC as a positive role model directed toward Jesus Christ. Provide a consistent, visible presence, encouraging, guiding and praying for the youth of CLPC as they strive to grow in their relationships with Jesus Christ and with each other, adult leaders and the Director of Youth Ministries.
- Develop, plan and implement a comprehensive youth ministry program.
- Facilitate small groups in young adult ministry program. Assist in event planning and curriculum topics.
- Recruit adult volunteers to assist in various aspects of the youth ministry program, including the Youth Ministry Team, and provide youth leadership training as appropriate and necessary.
- Plan and implement a regular summer youth program.
- Plan and implement retreats and youth mission trips, when scheduled.
- Plan and preview curriculum topics.
- Lead regularly scheduled monthly meetings of the Youth Ministry Team.
- Conduct personal ministry with the youth, recruiting and discipling youth by encouraging their daily walk with God through involvement in the youth program, prayer and Bible study.
- Lead weekly Sunday evening youth groups and be a presence and participant in Wednesday Night Alive Ministry and Sunday school (grades 6-8 and 9-12).
- Work with the Children’s Ministry to help our young people transition to Youth Ministry.
- Maintain a presence with churched and un-churched youth in local community.
- Attend activities in which youth are involved including, for example, sports, drama, music, etc.
- Communicate with the congregation and youth about the youth program and activities through the church newsletter, weekly email blast, and bulletin and through announcements at the Sunday morning worship services.
- Develop a monthly calendar of youth activities, retreats and special events, and provide to youth and parents via email and text message.
- Maintain accurate records of youth ministry expenses and submit credit card charge receipts to the Youth Ministry team treasurer on a monthly basis.
- Prepare yearly budget for review and approval by the Pastor and Youth Ministry Team.
- Recruit and oversee volunteers in teaching all program areas.
- Attend Sunday school and worship services.
- Attend church staff meetings.
- Preach in Sunday worship as directed by Lead Pastor.
- Form ecumenical relationships with church leaders in the community.
- Maintain good stewardshipof church funds, property and equipment.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and writing.
Evaluation: Performance reviews will be conducted at least annually by Pastor as Head of Staff with input from the Personnel Committee. The Personnel Committee will review compensation annually and report its recommendations to the Session.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full time position requiring 40 hours per week and availability for irregular hours and limited travel.
- Reimbursement of medical insurance premiums will be provided.
- Two weeks, including two Sundays, of pre-approved, paid vacation time is included. After five years of service, three week paid vacation time in included.
- Thirty day notice of termination of the contract is required of either the employee or Chestnut Level Presbyterian Church.
Please send inquiries with cover letter and resume to:
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries Search Committee
Chestnut Level Presbyterian Church
1068 Chestnut Level Road
Quarryville, PA 17566
Information about Chestnut Level can be found on the church’s web site: www.chestnutlevel.org